Terms & Conditions
Mic Drop is an independent directory that collates information from a range of sources, to make speakers and experts easier to find. We do not represent any of the talent listed on the Website. In the interest of promoting the speaker in their preferred manner, we display information from speaker profiles found elsewhere and aim to attribute the relevant source. We operate on a “notice and takedown” basis for content you can prove to be defamatory or illegal.
Terms of Service:
The following terms and conditions govern all use of the mic-drop.co.uk website and all content, services and products available at or through the website. The Website is offered subject to your acceptance without modification of all of the terms and conditions contained herein and all other operating rules, policies.
Please read this Agreement carefully before accessing or using the Website. By accessing or using any part of the web site, you agree to become bound by the terms and conditions of this agreement. If you do not agree to all the terms and conditions of this agreement, then you may not access the Website or use any services. If these terms and conditions are considered an offer by Mic Drop, acceptance is expressly limited to these terms. The Website is available only to individuals who are at least 13 years old.
1. Your Mic Drop Account and Site
If you create or “claim” a profile on the Website, you are responsible for maintaining the security of your account, and you are fully responsible for all activities that occur under the account and any other actions taken in connection with the account. You must not describe or assign keywords to your profile in a misleading or unlawful manner, including in a manner intended to trade on the name or reputation of others, and Mic Drop may change or remove any description or keyword that it considers inappropriate or unlawful, or otherwise likely to cause Mic Drop liability. You must immediately notify Mic Drop of any unauthorized uses of your profile, your account or any other breaches of security. Mic Drop will not be liable for any acts or omissions by You, including any damages of any kind incurred as a result of such acts or omissions.
2. Responsibility of Contributors
If you contribute to the site you are entirely responsible for the content of, and any harm resulting from, that Content. That is the case regardless of whether the Content in question constitutes text, graphics, an audio file, or computer software. By making Content available, you represent and warrant that:
- the downloading, copying and use of the Content will not infringe the proprietary rights, including but not limited to the copyright, patent, trademark or trade secret rights, of any third party;
- if your employer has rights to intellectual property you create, you have either (i) received permission from your employer to post or make available the Content, including but not limited to any software, or (ii) secured from your employer a waiver as to all rights in or to the Content;
- you have fully complied with any third-party licenses relating to the Content, and have done all things necessary to successfully pass through to end users any required terms;
- the Content does not contain or install any viruses, worms, malware, Trojan horses or other harmful or destructive content;
- the Content is not spam, is not machine- or randomly-generated, and does not contain unethical or unwanted commercial content designed to drive traffic to third party sites or boost the search engine rankings of third party sites, or to further unlawful acts (such as phishing) or mislead recipients as to the source of the material (such as spoofing);
- the Content is not pornographic, does not contain threats or incite violence towards individuals or entities, and does not violate the privacy or publicity rights of any third party;
- your profile is not getting advertised via unwanted electronic messages such as spam links on newsgroups, email lists, other blogs and web sites, and similar unsolicited promotional methods;
- your profile is not named in a manner that misleads your readers into thinking that you are another person or company. For example, your profile's URL or name is not the name of a person other than yourself or company other than your own; and
- you have, in the case of Content that includes computer code, accurately categorized and/or described the type, nature, uses and effects of the materials, whether requested to do so by Mic Drop or otherwise.
By submitting Content to Mic Drop, you grant Mic Drop a world-wide, royalty-free, and non-exclusive license to reproduce, modify, adapt and publish the Content solely for the purpose of displaying, distributing and promoting your profile. If you delete Content, Mic Drop will use reasonable efforts to remove it from the Website, but you acknowledge that caching or references to the Content may not be made immediately unavailable.
Without limiting any of those representations or warranties, Mic Drop has the right (though not the obligation) to, in Mic Drop’s sole discretion (i) refuse or remove any content that, in Mic Drop’s reasonable opinion, violates any Mic Drop policy or is in any way harmful or objectionable, or (ii) terminate or deny access to and use of the Website to any individual or entity for any reason, in Mic Drop’s sole discretion. Mic Drop will have no obligation to provide a refund of any amounts previously paid.
3. Payment and Renewal
- General Terms. Optional paid services such as premium profiles are available on the Website (any such services, an "Upgrade"). By selecting an Upgrade you agree to pay Mic Drop the monthly or annual subscription fees indicated for that service. Payments will be charged on a pre-pay basis on the day you sign up for an Upgrade and will cover the use of that service for a monthly or annual subscription period as indicated. Upgrade fees are not refundable.
- Automatic Renewal. Unless you notify Mic Drop before the end of the applicable subscription period that you want to cancel an Upgrade, your Upgrade subscription will automatically renew and you authorize us to collect the then-applicable annual or monthly subscription fee for such Upgrade (as well as any taxes) using any credit card or other payment mechanism we have on record for you.
4 Responsibility of Website Visitors
Mic Drop does not guarantee that it has reviewed, all of the material, including computer software, posted to the Website, and cannot therefore be responsible for that material’s content, use or effects. By operating the Website, Mic Drop does not represent or imply that it endorses the material there posted, or that it believes such material to be accurate, useful or non-harmful. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. The Website may contain content that is offensive, indecent, or otherwise objectionable, as well as content containing technical inaccuracies, typographical mistakes, and other errors. The Website may also contain material that violates the privacy or publicity rights, or infringes the intellectual property and other proprietary rights, of third parties, or the downloading, copying or use of which is subject to additional terms and conditions, stated or unstated. Mic Drop disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from the use by visitors of the Website, or from any downloading by those visitors of content there posted.
5. Content Posted on Other Websites
We have not reviewed, and cannot review, all of the material, including computer software, made available through the websites and webpages to which Mic Drop links, and that link to Mic Drop. Mic Drop does not have any control over those non-Mic Drop websites and webpages, and is not responsible for their contents or their use. By linking to a non-Mic Drop website or webpage, Mic Drop does not represent or imply that it endorses such website or webpage. You are responsible for taking precautions as necessary to protect yourself and your computer systems from viruses, worms, Trojan horses, and other harmful or destructive content. Mic Drop disclaims any responsibility for any harm resulting from your use of non-Mic Drop websites and webpages.
6. Copyright Infringement and Defamation
Mic Drop collates a range of information from various publicly available sources to keep our directory up to date. Often, we will display information from speaker profiles found elsewhere, in the interest of promoting the speaker in their preferred manner. We aim to attribute the source of the content where possible, and it is your responsibility to notify us if you believe we have collated content from a source you own, without attribution. Mic Drop operates on a "notice and takedown" basis. If you have any complaints or objections to Content, including user messages posted on the Website, or if you believe that material or content posted on the Website infringes a copyright that you hold, please contact us immediately by following our notice and takedown procedure. Click here to view the Notice and Takedown procedure. Once this procedure has been followed, Mic Drop will respond to valid and properly substantiated complaints by making all reasonable efforts to remove manifestly illegal content within a reasonable time.
7. Intellectual Property
This Agreement does not transfer from Mic Drop to you any Mic Drop or third party intellectual property, and all right, title and interest in and to such property will remain (as between the parties) solely with Mic Drop. Mic Drop, the Mid Drop logo, and all other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with Mic Drop, or the Website are trademarks or registered trademarks of Mic Drop or Mic Drop’s licensors. Other trademarks, service marks, graphics and logos used in connection with the Website may be the trademarks of other third parties. Your use of the Website grants you no right or license to reproduce or otherwise use any Mic Drop or third-party trademarks.
Mic Drop reserves the right to display advertisements on your profile.
Mic Drop reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to modify or replace any part of this Agreement. It is your responsibility to check this Agreement periodically for changes. Your continued use of or access to the Website following the posting of any changes to this Agreement constitutes acceptance of those changes. Mic Drop may also, in the future, offer new services and/or features through the Website (including, the release of new tools and resources). Such new features and/or services shall be subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
Mic Drop may terminate your access to all or any part of the Website at any time, with or without cause, with or without notice, effective immediately. If you wish to terminate this Agreement or your Mic Drop account (if you have one), you may simply discontinue using the Website. Notwithstanding the foregoing, if you have a premium account, such account can only be terminated by Mic Drop if you materially breach this Agreement and fail to cure such breach within thirty (30) days from Mic Drop’s notice to you thereof; provided that, Mic Drop can terminate the Website immediately as part of a general shut down of our service. All provisions of this Agreement which by their nature should survive termination shall survive termination, including, without limitation, ownership provisions, warranty disclaimers, indemnity and limitations of liability.
11 Disclaimer of Warranties
The Website is provided "as is". Mic Drop and its suppliers and licensors hereby disclaim all warranties of any kind, express or implied, including, without limitation, the warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose and non-infringement. Neither Mic Drop nor its suppliers and licensors, makes any warranty that the Website will be error free or that access thereto will be continuous or uninterrupted. You understand that you download from, or otherwise obtain content or services through, the Website at your own discretion and risk.
12 Limitation of Liability
In no event will Mic Drop, or its suppliers or licensors, be liable with respect to any subject matter of this agreement under any contract, negligence, strict liability or other legal or equitable theory for: (i) any special, incidental or consequential damages; (ii) the cost of procurement or substitute products or services; (iii) for interruption of use or loss or corruption of data; or (iv) for any amounts that exceed the fees paid by you to Mic Drop under this agreement during the twelve (12) month period prior to the cause of action. Mic Drop shall have no liability for any failure or delay due to matters beyond their reasonable control. The foregoing shall not apply to the extent prohibited by applicable law. You acknowledge and agree that we make no warranty and give no representation of any kind in relation to third party data and we accept no responsibility or liability for inaccuracy in or arising out of third party data.
Under no circumstances will the Mic Drop Personnel or any other organisation involved in creating, producing, maintaining or distributing the Mic Drop Website be liable for any of the following losses or damage (whether such losses or damage were foreseen, foreseeable, known or otherwise):
- loss of revenue
- loss of actual or anticipated profits (including for loss of profits on contracts);
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of business;
- loss of opportunity;
- loss of goodwill;
- loss of reputation;
- loss of, damage to or corruption of data or software;
- wasted expenditure; or
- any indirect or consequential loss or damage howsoever caused (including, for the avoidance of doubt, where such loss or damage is of the type specified in Clauses 37a to 37f).
Mic Drop is an independent directory that collates information from a range of sources, to make speakers and experts easier to find. We do not represent or make any claims on the talent listed on the Website.
General Representation and Warranty
You agree to indemnify and hold harmless Mic Drop Reviews Ltd, its contractors, and its licensors, and their respective directors, officers, employees and agents from and against any and all claims and expenses, including attorneys’ fees, arising out of your use of the Website, including but not limited to your violation of this Agreement. ### The Whole Agreement
This website is owned and controlled by Mic Drop Reviews Ltd, a UK limited liability company. These Conditions constitute the entire agreement between you and us with respect to the subject matter hereof, and supersedes all prior discussions, agreement or understanding between you and us. The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the Mic Drop Website and this Agreement. We control the Mic Drop Website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the Mic Drop Website from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the Mic Drop Website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the Mic Drop Website and you agree to keep to these laws. We have the right to take you to court in the country you live in.