Privacy and Cookie Statement
Effective: 31 December 2019
In addition to the publicly available information we collect, we understand that you may share personal information with us based on trust. We take this seriously and are committed to ensuring that we respect your privacy when you visit our website or use our services. Please review this Statement carefully to learn about our privacy practices.
We operate an online independent speaker directory, which enables users to create accounts, write reviews and book public speakers through submitting enquiry forms. In this Statement, these are collectively referred to as our Services.
Our Services are owned and operated by Mic Drop Reviews Ltd. By visiting our websites and related applications, whether on a computer, phone, tablet or similar device (these are all referred to as a “Device”), you are accepting the practices described below.
The laws of England and Wales apply to your use of the Mic Drop Website and this Agreement. We control the Mic Drop Website from within the United Kingdom. However, you can get access to the Mic Drop Website from other places around the world. Although these places may have different laws from the laws of England and Wales, by using the Mic Drop Website you agree that the laws of England and Wales will apply to everything relating to you using the Mic Drop Website and you agree to keep to these laws.
When you access or use our Services, we collect information from and about you to provide a more personalised and relevant experience. Some information we collect automatically.. Information collected may include the following:
- Contact information, including name, phone number and postal and email addresses
- Billing or payment information (such as your credit card number, cardholder name, expiration date, authentication code and billing address)
- Username and password
- Photos, reviews, forum and social posts and videos you may have provided to us
- Geolocation information
- Device information, such as when you accessed our Services and information about the Device used (for example, IP address, software or internet browser used, preferred languages, unique Device identifiers)
- Online activity, including pages you have visited, content reviewed and apps reviewed
- Purchasing history
We may also collect, in instances where you have provided it, information about other speakers or event organisers, including their email address and other event-related information. If you are sharing information with us about other individuals, you must obtain their consent. You must obtain the consent of any other individuals if you are providing their data to us.
In addition to the categories noted above, we may also collect location information if you have instructed your Device to send such information via the privacy settings on that Device, or, for example, if you have uploaded photos tagged with location information. We may use your location information directly. We collect location information in order to provide you with relevant content, to analyse your use of our Services, to improve our Services and to provide contextual advertising or recommendations.
You can change the privacy settings of your Device at any time in order to turn off the functionality that collects and shares location information and/or the functionality to tag your photos with location information. However, turning off location-sharing may affect certain features that we offer. If you have any questions about the privacy settings of your Device, we suggest you contact the manufacturer of your Device or your mobile service provider for help.
We are committed to providing you with relevant content on our Services and respect the relevant data privacy laws. We use information about you so we can help you enjoy and use our Services, including in the following ways:
- Register and manage your account, including to allow you access to and use of our Services
- Facilitate your bookings
- Measure interest in and improve our Services
- Notify you about special offers and products or services available from us, our affiliates, or our partners that may be of interest to you
- Communicate with you
- Enable communication between registered users and owners/representatives of listings on our Services
- Enable us to publish your reviews, forum posts, photos, videos and other content
- Customise your experience, including customising the ads shown to you on our Services and across the internet
- Make inferences about your interests or preferences
- Provide you with an optimised experience and to group users of our Services based on, for example, usage and demographics
- Send you survey or market research invitations
- Respond to your questions and comments
- Resolve disputes or troubleshoot problems
- Prevent potentially prohibited or unlawful activities
Please note some information about you is required in order for us to provide you with relevant offerings from us, our affiliates and our partners and to enable you to enjoy other benefits of being a registered user. Please review the “Information Choices” section below with respect to your choices related to the collection and use of your information.
In order to provide some of our Services, we may need to share information with certain other third parties, in the following circumstances:
- Suppliers. We share information with certain suppliers used to facilitate our Services, including to help with transactions, such as any bookings you might make, for example, sharing data with a speaker if you make an enquiry using our Services.
- Business Partners. We may share information about you, your Devices and your use of our Services with our trusted business partners. For example, we may share information so that we can provide you with relevant content or in order to facilitate payment for products or services you may purchase on the websites of our partners. This sharing is generally pursuant to written agreements which include confidentiality, privacy and security obligations; however, note that we do not control the privacy practices of these third-party business partners.
- Social Media Sites. When you use our Services and elect to share information with third-party social media sites, the information you share will be governed by the privacy policies of those social media sites and the privacy settings you have set with those social media websites.
- Other third parties, such as referring websites Third parties may also assist us in collecting information by, for example, operating features of our website or facilitating the delivery of online advertising tailored to your interests. We may share audience segments and other information with third parties that use that information for tailored advertising to you.
Third parties may only collect or access information as needed to perform their permitted functions.
Certain Device operating system versions permit you to opt out of certain types of information sharing, including to certain advertising networks. Please check your Device settings if you want to limit such tracking.
You have options with respect to the collection and use of your information. You can access, update and even close your account by visiting your Profile page on our website.
- You may choose the way we communicate with you. You can choose not to provide us with certain information, although it may be needed to take advantage of certain features offered on our websites.
- You can prevent the collection of geolocation information, but note that turning off location sharing may affect certain features of our Services.
- You also can add or update information and close your account. If you close your account, we will deactivate your account and remove your profile information from active view. We may retain some information associated with your account (including past transactions) for internal purposes including backups, fraud prevention, dispute resolution, investigations and legal compliance for the period necessary to fulfil the purposes outlined in this Statement.
- As a registered member, you can modify your marketing subscriptions, including email subscription choices, at any time within your member settings. You also will be given the opportunity to unsubscribe from promotional messages, including emails with travel-related opportunities, in any such email we send.